Asia Pacific Linguistics Olympiad (APLO) is a regional linguistics olympiad with the aim of escalating attention to language and linguistics in the Asia Pacific region. It is similar to the International Linguistics Olympiad in spirit, and the nature and style of the problems. The APLO began in 2019 and is held in March every year.
The Second APLO was held on September 27, 2020, simultaneously in 6 official countries/regions, and between September 27 and October 26, 2020, in 5 guest countries. You can find the results here and the problems here.
The upcoming APLO will be held on March 28, 2021.
APLO is not a contest where students from different countries physically meet in one place to participate in the competitions. Instead, all contestants will compete in their home country on the same day.
- General Chair of Korea Linguistics Olympiad (KLO)
- Local Organizing Chair of IOL 2019 Yongin
- General Chair of Panini Linguistics Olympiad (PLO)
- Local Organizing Chair of IOL 2016 Mysore
- Organizer of Taiwan Olympiad in Linguistics (TOL)
- Team Leader of Taiwan to IOL
- Vice Chair of Malaysian Computational Linguistics Olympiad (MyCLO)
- Team Leader of Malaysia to IOL
Public Relations Chair
- Board Member (Public Relations Chair) of IOL
- Team Leader of Slovenia
Jury Chair (2020- present)
- Jury Chair of APLO
Republic of Korea
Korea Linguistics Olympiad
International Contests and Competitions “WORLD WINNER”
Person of Contact: Sabina Ismatillaeva
Research Institute of Creative Education
Person of Contact: Nguyen Hoang Giang
to be updated
to be updated
Ukrainian Olympiads in Linguistics
Person of Contact: Danylo Mysak